Indian Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine   Official publication of Indian Association of  0ccupational  Health  
 Print this page Email this page   Small font sizeDefault font sizeIncrease font size
 Users Online:357

  IAOH | Subscription | e-Alerts | Feedback | Login 

Home About us Current Issue Archives Search Instructions
   Next article
   Previous article
   Table of Contents

   Similar in PUBMED
     Search Pubmed for
     Search in Google Scholar for
   Related articles
    Citation Manager
    Access Statistics
    Reader Comments
    Email Alert *
    Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed4626    
    Printed220    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded166    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal

 

 CASE REPORT
Year : 2010  |  Volume : 14  |  Issue : 1  |  Page : 17-19

Chronic mercury poisoning: Report of two siblings


1 Department of Pediatric Neurology, Mustafa Kemal University Faculty of Medicine, Hatay, Turkey
2 Department of Pediatrics, Women's and Children's Hospital, Van, Turkey
3 Department of Pediatrics , Yüzüncü Yil University Faculty of Medicine, Van, Turkey
4 Department of Pediatric Neurology, Yüzüncü Yil University Faculty of Medicine, Van, Turkey
5 Department of Neonatology, Yüzüncü Yil University Faculty of Medicine, Van, Turkey

Correspondence Address:
Mesut Okur
Department of Pediatrics, Women's and Children's Hospital, Van
Turkey
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/0019-5278.64610

Rights and Permissions

Mercury exists as organic inorganic and elementary forms in nature and is one of the most toxic metals that are poisonous for human beings. Mercury is commonly used in many different sectors of industry such as in insects formulas, agriculture products, lamps, batteries, paper, dyes, electrical/electronic devices, jewelry, and in dentistry. In this study, two siblings (one a 7-year-old boy and the other a 13 years old girl) are reported who developed chronic mercury poisoning as a result of long-term contact with batteries. Our aim is to emphasize the importance of mercury poisoning that is extremely rarely seen in childhood.






[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*


        
Print this article     Email this article